Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
prashanth goud

Handling pop up using selenium IDE (pop up generates dynamically and not related to parent window) in FF 3.6 Empty Handling pop up using selenium IDE (pop up generates dynamically and not related to parent window) in FF 3.6

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:52 pm
Hi All ,

I Just started playing with Selenium IDE.
I
Got a problem in using selenium IDE specially while handling popup.The
name of my popup is dynamic that is nothing but the current time i am
able to handle the dynamic name of my poup.After recording using IDE the
commands are like this

Waitforpopup popupname time in sec
selectwindow name="popupname"

While
playback using IDE I am able to give the correct popup name but unable to move focus to the new poup which generates dynamically after
clicking on add option and my popup here not related to parent window
and it is non-modal dialog window(focus moves to generated pop up
automatically after clicking on add button).

I tried many options suggested in different forums. but unable to handle it

But
when i start playback from selectwindow command(that is inserting a
start point at select window command after generation of pop up) in my
IDE , I am able to handle the pop up.

Can u please suggest how to handle pop up in my scenario so that i can playback my usecase from starting
sharath
Regular Participant
Regular Participant

Handling pop up using selenium IDE (pop up generates dynamically and not related to parent window) in FF 3.6 Empty Re: Handling pop up using selenium IDE (pop up generates dynamically and not related to parent window) in FF 3.6

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:28 pm
Hi Prashanth,

You have mentioned that you cannot handle a pop up while running the tests.One thing you can do is you can use setSpeed as 3000 before the page you want to enter.This will slow down your Speed of tests and inturn will allow you to handle the popup. This happens because the Javascript loads only after the page.Hope this helps. Very Happy

Thanks,
Sharath
prashanth goud

Handling pop up using selenium IDE (pop up generates dynamically and not related to parent window) in FF 3.6 Empty Re: Handling pop up using selenium IDE (pop up generates dynamically and not related to parent window) in FF 3.6

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:55 pm
Dear Sharath,

I have specified the waitforpopup timing, but unable to resolve it in RC.
Using WebDriver i am able to handle it.For dynamic popups webdriver is a perfect solution.
sharath
Regular Participant
Regular Participant

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:50 pm
Hi Prashanth,

You can try using setSpeed command before clicking on the button for popup, as it has worked for me.Also please make sure that you are using the latest version of RC jar and its compatible Firefox if you are using firefox.

If it is a browser pop up , you can use chooseOKOnNextConfirmation before the popup window loads.

Hope to hear from you,
Sharath
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum