Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
sirisha

flash - handling flash object with selenium ide? Empty handling flash object with selenium ide?

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:06 pm
hi all,
I am new to this forum and to selenium also. In my application there is a flash button and clicking on that is not being recorded by selenium IDE.....is there any way to click on that button using IDE?
I tried of writing the script manually and I locate the button using firebug...even then running of IDE script, not able to click on that flash button...
can anyone help me in this regard ....please.......
Advisor
Advisor
------------------------
------------------------
https://seleniumforum.forumotion.net

flash - handling flash object with selenium ide? Empty Flash identification is not supported by current selenium.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:56 pm
Hi sirisha,

First of all thanks to ask the question in this forum. I have read and analyze your problem. Actually flash is like a movie or animation which contains dynamic content and also contain interactivity like link and button. The main problem with flash component that it doesn't show any option in right click except the flash one. It is even harder to identify the element through firebug or xpather.

The reasons for non detecting the flash component is because it is an add-on or external file that will execute it with the help of different software called flash player. The control goes to different software which is embedded into your website but a part of your site as dom locater or xpath.

I will provide you a rough solution may it will not work but try it. Try to use java-script code to detect or handle the element in flash. you have to look over it how to interact with flash element in java. If you will get the way then user the selenium command like {storeEval ( script, variableName ), storeExpres​sion( expression, variableName )}. This is the only solution, I think of.

Lets hope in future release, selenium will support the flash component identification.

Best of luck.
sirisha

flash - handling flash object with selenium ide? Empty Re: handling flash object with selenium ide?

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:14 pm
Hi,
thanks for the reply...but how to write javascript for flash object in the command "storeEval(script, variableName)"
My flash button "Select Images" has html code like following...
<object id="SWFUpload_2" class="swfupload" height="22" width="160" data="swfupload/swfupload.swf?preventswfcaching=1249380278159" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
to locate that button, I wrote xpath like "//object[@class="swfupload" and @type="application/x-shockwave-flash"]"..............
can u help me in writing javascript for this button....also give me example sel IDE command.....please
thanx in advance...
Advisor
Advisor
------------------------
------------------------
https://seleniumforum.forumotion.net

flash - handling flash object with selenium ide? Empty Re: handling flash object with selenium ide?

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:41 pm
Hi,

I have never worked with flash component and I know java script at beginner level only. I am just guessing the solution.
I have not getting any idea how your component is embedded in you application.

Can you give link on which your working, if not try to find similar link on any website on internet and send me the link. i will simulate the scenario and then look what can I do.

The X-path you are creating is working ? I don' t think x-path will work. After invoking/ starting flash application the scope/ is out of control out of selenium reach.

I will try but I am also not sure about it.
nellorekrishnakumar
Active particpant
Active particpant

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:29 am
Hi Admin,

We can use jar file and extend functionality.

Below url provide usefull information:

http://code.google.com/p/flash-selenium/

Thanks,
Nellore Krishna Kumar
nellorekrishnakumar
Active particpant
Active particpant

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:33 am
Hi sirisha,

use css=object#
SWFUpload_2 to click on that button.

Thanks,
Nellore Krishna Kumar
senthilm.aynara
Active particpant
Active particpant

flash - handling flash object with selenium ide? Empty Can u tell me clearly

Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:25 pm
nellorekrishnakumar wrote:Hi sirisha,

use css=object#
SWFUpload_2 to click on that button.

Thanks,
Nellore Krishna Kumar

Hi,
I want to automate flash objects in Selenium RC server from java client. i am not clear with your answer. can u pls tell me clearly?

Thanks & Regards,
senthilm
nellorekrishnakumar
Active particpant
Active particpant

Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:28 pm
Hi Senthilm,

Actually problem was user was not able to click on button[flash button];

But HTML Source code was given as :

height="22" width="160"
data="swfupload/swfupload.swf?preventswfcaching=1249380278159"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

So to click that he has to use
selenium.click("css=object#SWFUpload_2")

Thanks,
Nellore Krishna Kumar
mamta.singla

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:53 am
Can any one tell me how to write script for flash objects.I am a newbie....
How selenium finds flash objects and read values..
yoursjcp
yoursjcp
Active particpant
Active particpant

Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:51 pm
Here it is a qn on IDE but giving ans to RC...

pls let us know is it possible in IDE
pradap

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:48 pm
First of all thanks to ask the question in this forum. I have read and analyze your problem. Actually flash is like a movie or animation which contains dynamic content and also contain interactivity like link and button. The main problem with flash component that it doesn't show any option in right click except the flash one. It is even harder to identify the element through firebug or xpather.

South india tourist places | South india tour packages from bangalore| South india tour itinerary
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum