Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
Pilot_Riaz
Regular Participant
Regular Participant

Using Xpath how do i locate the correct cell from a table Empty Using Xpath how do i locate the correct cell from a table

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:29 pm
Hi,

There is a table on the webpage with columns and rows. Each cell in the table is a clickable link. The value in the cell is number, total no. of users

This number will change as the user count increases or decreases.

When i inspect the element with firebug the code returned is:

a href="/form/candidate-list.aspx?statusId=1&formid=219&companyid=1618" title="Click to view the completing applications candidate list" class="querystringSearch" onclick="s_objectID="4888_1";return this.s_oc?this.s_oc(e):true">4888

Full code snippet below if this helps

table id="ctl00_uxContentPlaceHolderContent_uxSchedulesListTab_uxLiveVacancyASPxGridView_DXMainTable" class="dxgvTable" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="width:100%;border-collapse:collapse;empty-cells:show;">

tbody>

tr id="ctl00_uxContentPlaceHolderContent_uxSchedulesListTab_uxLiveVacancyASPxGridView_DXHeadersRow">

tr class="dxgvFilterRow">

tr id="ctl00_uxContentPlaceHolderContent_uxSchedulesListTab_uxLiveVacancyASPxGridView_DXDataRow0" class="dxgvDataRow">

tr id="ctl00_uxContentPlaceHolderContent_uxSchedulesListTab_uxLiveVacancyASPxGridView_DXDataRow1" class="dxgvDataRow">

td id="ctl00_uxContentPlaceHolderContent_uxSchedulesListTab_uxLiveVacancyASPxGridView_tccell1_0" class="aspx-gridview-cell dxgv" style="border-bottom-width:0px;">

td id="ctl00_uxContentPlaceHolderContent_uxSchedulesListTab_uxLiveVacancyASPxGridView_tccell1_1" class="aspx-gridview-cell dxgv" align="center" style="border-bottom-width:0px;"> 16/12/2011 00:00:00 /td

td id="ctl00_uxContentPlaceHolderContent_uxSchedulesListTab_uxLiveVacancyASPxGridView_tccell1_2" class="aspx-gridview-cell dxgv" align="center" style="border-bottom-width:0px;"> 01/09/2013 00:00:00 /td

td id="ctl00_uxContentPlaceHolderContent_uxSchedulesListTab_uxLiveVacancyASPxGridView_tccell1_3" class="aspx-gridview-cell dxgv" align="center" style="border-bottom-width:0px;">

/td

Last edited by Pilot_Riaz on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pilot_Riaz
Regular Participant
Regular Participant

Using Xpath how do i locate the correct cell from a table Empty Re: Using Xpath how do i locate the correct cell from a table

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 pm
I know now the value i want is in a table, the cell is in 4th row, 4th column

Using Xpath how do i locate the cell in the 4th row, 4th column?
sharath
Regular Participant
Regular Participant

Using Xpath how do i locate the correct cell from a table Empty Re: Using Xpath how do i locate the correct cell from a table

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:10 am
Hi Riaz,

You can use add on, "Xpath checker" to get the xpath of the cell.

Thanks,
Sharath
Pilot_Riaz
Regular Participant
Regular Participant

Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:44 pm
Thanks very much Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum