Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
rsvore

Check for img alt and continue for loop Empty Check for img alt and continue for loop

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:18 pm
I have a for loop and I need to check id an img alt text is open. if not I don't want the loop to timeout but continue to the next number to look up. How can i do this? I'm also using Python and asked on the Python forum as well. Thanks.

Here is my loop, and th eif statement to catch if there is no "open" alt tag.
Code:

CSN = ['12275632444', '12275627859',  '12275627856']

for CSNumber in CSN:
            driver.find_element_by_id("fnsearchuc_temp2__ctl14_tbSimple").clear()
            driver.find_element_by_id("fnsearchuc_temp2__ctl14_tbSimple").send_keys(CSNumber)
            driver.find_element_by_css_selector("span[title="Find Now"]").click()
            # need to check if no img open the go to next claim number then set errorNum = 1
            if not driver.find_element_by_css_selector("img[alt="Open:"]"): break

time.sleep(1)
            driver.find_element_by_css_selector("img[alt="Open:"]").click()
            time.sleep(2)
            #x and y axis is based on the position of the screen scrap browser not the save dialog box
            self.save_click(570,540)
            time.sleep(2)
rsvore

Check for img alt and continue for loop Empty using a try catch

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:35 pm
I changed my code to this below and it's starting to work. but I get a long delay during the except.

Code:

CSN = open('inputCSN.txt', 'r')
        # set errorNum to 0 if 1 there was an problem
        errorNum = 0

for CSNumber in CSN:
            driver.find_element_by_id("fnsearchuc_temp2__ctl14_tbSimple").clear()
            driver.find_element_by_id("fnsearchuc_temp2__ctl14_tbSimple").send_keys(CSNumber)
            driver.find_element_by_css_selector("span[title="Find Now"]").click()
            # need to check if no img open the go to next claim number then set errorNum = 1
            # if not driver.find_element_by_css_selector("img[alt="Open:"]"): break
            time.sleep(1)
            try:
                driver.find_element_by_css_selector("img[alt="Open:"]").click()
            except:
                outputCSN = open('outputCSN.txt', 'a')
                outputCSN.write('There was an error with CSN:'+CSNumber)
            time.sleep(2)
            #x and y axis is based on the position of the screen scrap browser not the save dialog box
            self.save_click(570,540)
            time.sleep(2)
rsvore

Check for img alt and continue for loop Empty Re: Check for img alt and continue for loop

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:03 pm
During the exception it takes 35 seconds before it moves on. not sure why.
Sponsored content

Check for img alt and continue for loop Empty Re: Check for img alt and continue for loop

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum