Go down
Llama

value filter won't work

on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:06 pm
Hi,

Commonly used targets like

value=chocolate name=verifybutton1

produce errors like "[error] locator not found: value=chocolate name=verifybutton1"

The only thing that looks suspicious is the Options->Locator Builder list: it doesn't contain value. The list also doesn't seem to be editable. It's Selenium IDE 2.5.0, experience nonexistent.

I tried Google, but learned next to nothing, except for the complete legitimacy of value.

Thanks in advance.
ccox
Master
Master

Re: value filter won't work

on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:20 pm
You are trying to use two locators at once. Only use name = chocolate
Llama

on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:55 pm
ccox wrote:You are trying to use two locators at once. Only use name = chocolate
Is in unacceptable?  They do it a lot (Had I been seven days old member, I would have supplied links).

UPD: But I can, sort of: http : / / www pt guru99 pt com slash locators-in-selenium-ide.html (Step 3)

Besides,

value=chocolate
Produces [error] locator not found: value=chocolate

While

name=verifybutton1
works just fine.
Looks like there's something wrong with value.
ccox
Master
Master

on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:15 pm
Sorry name=verifybutton1 is what I meant.  What are you asking if it is unacceptable? In the UI, the developers can put their standards in. Could be multiple locators.  Ideally, use ID first, then name. I believe you can use value.
Llama

on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:40 pm
ccox wrote:Sorry name=verifybutton1 is what I meant.  What are you asking if it is unacceptable? In the UI, the developers can put their standards in. Could be multiple locators.  Ideally, use ID first, then name. I believe you can use value.
According to various tutorials, it is acceptable. Somehow, I can't use value. That's all my post is about.
ccox
Master
Master

on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:49 pm
I believe you should be able to use it, but I have not and would not.  In Webdriver though, I don't think value is a valid locator, so maybe it has been deprecated in IDE
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum