Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
pratuljena

Actual movement of the mouse over an object Empty Actual movement of the mouse over an object

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:32 pm
Hello there,
I am facing a very typical problem as follows. Please help me on this.

Problem is :
In my webpage there is an Iframe. The content of the iframe automatically rotates in every 5 soconds. If User keeps the mouse over the iframe then rotation of the content will stop. And if user takes away the mouse from the iframe then the rotation will start again.

I am trying to Automate this scenario in Selenium RC.

I have tried with
selenium.mouseOver("//*[@id='cottNxtBtn']");

and

selenium.mouseMove("//*[@id='panel']/div[2]/div[3]");

But nothing is working for me. meaning even I am moving/hovering the mouse over the frame through Automation script the content of the frame is still rotating. Where as if I manually move/hover the mouse to that frame the content doesn't rotate.

The problem is mousemove or mouseOver function doesn't really move the mose pointer to the object specified. I need a actual movement of the mouse to the object.

Please help me if somebody has any idea.

Thanks
Pratul
pratuljena

Actual movement of the mouse over an object Empty Re: Actual movement of the mouse over an object

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:12 pm
Hi,
any thought on this.

Let me re-phrase the issue. Myu core problem is - move mouse is not actually moving the mouse over the object I am specifying.

My code is as follows :
selenium.mouseMove("//*[@id='panel']/div[2]/div[3]");

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks
Pratul
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum