Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
Gibbsy22

TestNG / Ant Help Empty TestNG / Ant Help

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 pm
Hi Guys,

I'm somewhat new to programming as a whole but have a question or two to ask on the topic above which im hoping you can help with Smile

Basically I've been using Eclipse/ JAVA / Selenium Webdriver to build some basic automated tests for our website. These have been testing things like login/forgotten password at present just to break me in gently! I have then decided (due to the fact that there was no reporting on my tests) that I would use TESTNG which has then obviously broke the tests down into manageable chunks, and also given me reports detailing pass/fail of each method I have put a "@Test" on.

At present i'm running these tests inside of Eclipse. I would like to able to run these without loading up Eclipse though at some point, with the ability to be able to still have the tests run via TestNG with the reports coming out still. Basically I would like everything as it is at present, just not running from inside of Eclipse IDE!

Could someone give me some guidance on where i can go from here...? I've looked at solutions such as Ant? and running it within a command line, but am still confused if it is the best way forward.

Thanks for any help in advance
qappbc
Amateur
Amateur

TestNG / Ant Help Empty Re: TestNG / Ant Help

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:59 pm
just a quick reply - watch this free video to get a feel for what this will take:
http://qtpselenium.com/selenium-tutorial/testng-selenium-training-part-1/

Basically, the approach is that your Java/eclipse/ TestNG work is developed first, then an Ant 'action' file (build.xml) is made. It is run externally via command line and can be incorporated into a continuous integration process via Maven for example.

I hope this helps, -Phil
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum