Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
Lyshco

Help, webdriver sendKeys is very very slow Empty Help, webdriver sendKeys is very very slow

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:09 pm
Hi All,

We have about 800 Java test cases written in Selenium 1 and we are migrating across to Selenium 2. In selenium 1 to fill in a text field we used the following function:

Code:
protected void typeAndBlur(String key, String value)
    {
        selenium.type(key, value);
        selenium.fireEvent(key, "blur");
    }

This has since been changed to the following for WebDriver

Code:
protected void typeAndBlur(String fieldId, String value)
 {
 WebElement elem = driver.findElement(By.id(fieldId));

elem.clear();
        elem.sendKeys(value);
    }

However, when we run up the tests with the new syntax they are terribly slow. In Selenium 1 pages were filled out in an instant. However with Selenium 2 we can actually see the text being typed into each field.

I am just wondering is there any way we can speed up the selenium 2 tests? Is there something different to sendKeys() that we can use?
qappbc
Amateur
Amateur

Help, webdriver sendKeys is very very slow Empty Re: Help, webdriver sendKeys is very very slow

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:39 am
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3526361/firefoxdriver-how-to-disable-javascript-css-and-make-sendkeys-type-instantly

I hope this helps, -Phil
ThomasG

Help, webdriver sendKeys is very very slow Empty Re: Help, webdriver sendKeys is very very slow

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:48 am
"Very Slow": In may case sendKeys() took about 5 second per letter.

Context: Windows 7, Internet Explorer 64 Bit, selenium-server-standalone-2.33.0.jar, IEDriverServer.exe, 64-Bit.

For some reason WebDriver activates a 32-Bit Version of the Internet Explorer, which is also installed on my system and which is not compatible with the 64-Bit-WebDriver.

So I switched to the 32-Bit-Version of IEDriverServer.exe and everything is fine.

Pity, that the well-meant Driver doesn't find it's Browser.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum