Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Has Anyone Gotten Chrome Driver to Work with Windows 7?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has Anyone Gotten Chrome Driver to Work with Windows 7?

Post by kjmos on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:20 am

FireFox and IE run fine in windows 7 but Chrome is a continual problem. I was getting the Aw Shucks window but I installed the standalone Chrome for all users and updated to the most current ChromeDriver. Now it brings up a chrome window that is blank and just hangs. The Chrome window looks odd - it is blue not white and it cannot be used to bring up any internet window even manually. The same script works fine in XP and also if I execute it in debug mode in .net. In those cases it brings up the normal white Chrome window and accesses the internet fine. But running it as straight automation always fails on Windows 7 brings up the odd failing hung window.

I have seen this problem mentioned on google but no solution. Does anyone know how to get it to work on Windows 7?

kjmos

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Anyone Gotten Chrome Driver to Work with Windows 7?

Post by iautomate on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:14 am

I am using Chrome driver on windows7 and it works perfectly fine , i am using java as my client language and haven't faced any problems yet.

iautomate

Back to top Go down

Post by kjmos on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Thanks - Its odd it only works if I run with the no sandbox option specified, which is not recommended. I think it considers chromedriver malware and kills the chrome window brought up. There seems lots of issues like this with chrome but no real solutions over 4 years.

Has anyone seen and solved this with Selenium ChromeDriver and Windows 7? It may be a Chrome issue

kjmos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top