Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
BimmerRacer

Few questions about switching to Selenium Empty Few questions about switching to Selenium

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:45 am
Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right forum for these questions, mods feel free to tow it to the right place.

We are being asked to switch to Selenium from our current HP QC/QTP tools. I would like to know if it's possible to do the following with Selenium:

- Create tests without Firefox browser. Our client's environment doesn't allow for anything but a custom build of IE.

- Does Selenium support and how well does it support environments such as Siebel?

- Is it possible to manipulate PDF files with Selenium. Adobe labs has an add-in for QTP, is there something similar for Selenium?

- How friendly is Selenium to non-technical users? We currently build our tests in QC and the average tester doesn't see any actual code. Are there frameworks out there that are like that or would we have to build something from scratch?

- How does test management and reporting handled by most?

I am sure there will be many, many more questions but this are the few that came to mind right away.

Thanks a bunch!

jason
tarun3kumar
Master
Master
http://seleniumtests.com

Few questions about switching to Selenium Empty Re: Few questions about switching to Selenium

Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:42 pm
Let me try to answer -

BimmerRacer wrote:
- Create tests without Firefox browser. Our client's environment doesn't allow for anything but a custom build of IE.

Indeed possible. Selenium 2 (aka WebDriver) has far better support for IE browser.

BimmerRacer wrote:
- Does Selenium support and how well does it support environments such as Siebel?

Is Sibel app an HTML app running in browser then answer is yes

BimmerRacer wrote:
- Is it possible to manipulate PDF files with Selenium. Adobe labs has an add-in for QTP, is there something similar for Selenium?

No out of box support, but it boils down to what you want to do with PDF. The language you pick up for Selenium (java, python etc) supports reading/manipulating files

BimmerRacer wrote:
- How friendly is Selenium to non-technical users? We currently build our tests in QC and the average tester doesn't see any actual code. Are there frameworks out there that are like that or would we have to build something from scratch? - How does test management and reporting handled by most?

There is code working behind those "non technical friendly" framework and same is true with Selenium. As a replacement of QC you may user TestLink (free), XStudio (partially free) test management tools. You may like to see couple of Selenium frameworks I listed on my page - http://www.seleniumtests.com/p/selenium-frameworks.html

Hope this helps.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum