Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Typing in text on remote machine does not work, locally it does.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Typing in text on remote machine does not work, locally it does.

Post by Rubycurse on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi!

I am using Selenium WebDriver to test a web application both locally and remotely on a virtual machine running on an external server. For both cases I use the same methods for interaction with the browser. In my case I use Firefox and IE8 locally and IE8 on the remote server.
The problem that occurs is when I run the following method:

public void type(String element, String value) {
selenium.keyPress(element, value);
}

I tried modifying this method using selenium.type, selenium.typeKeys, selenium.keyDown and selenium.keyUp but nothing worked. In some cases I crashed my locally running tests with this, too. On the remote Server there runs a selenium server to which I refer to via the following command:

String url = properties.getProperty(SELENIUM_APPLICATION_PROTOCOL) + "://" + properties.getProperty(SELENIUM_APPLICATION_ADDRESS);
Selenium selenium = new DefaultSelenium(properties.getProperty(SELENIUM_SERVER_ADDRESS), 4444, properties.getProperty(BROWSER_IE), url);

My WebDriver is instantiated via

WebDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver();
Selenium selenium = new WebDriverBackedSelenium(driver, url);

The concrete test case when the method mentioned above is crashing resp. not working properly is when I type in values to instantiate a new element via a html-form. When I try to save the entered data the browser deletes the inputted values because it fires the wrong event.
Can anybody help me solving this problem?

Thanks in advance
Tobias

Rubycurse

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top