Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
Saba

How to use a value from one test case into another test case in selenium ide. Empty How to use a value from one test case into another test case in selenium ide.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:56 pm
I have two test cases, 1st test case coding is:

store 10 a

2nd test case coding is:

echo ${a}
store a b
echo ${b}

Now, the result shows for 2nd test case in log area is:

• [info] echo: 10
  • [info] Executing: |store | a | b |
  • [info] Executing: |echo | ${b} | |
  • [info] echo: a
If, variable 'a' value i.e. 10 passes to 2nd test case, then why; when echo ${b} command is used; it prints just 'a' and not 10.
Saba

How to use a value from one test case into another test case in selenium ide. Empty Re: How to use a value from one test case into another test case in selenium ide.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:16 pm
Very Happy, Got my answer myself.
sapin

How to use a value from one test case into another test case in selenium ide. Empty Re: How to use a value from one test case into another test case in selenium ide.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:30 pm
Hy Saba i have same problem .......please share how you could solve your problem
sapin

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:34 pm
and please also suggest that can i start my second test case at the page where test case one stop

Because i am working  on 4th page and for  that i have to open first 3 pages  so can i start my test case at the same place where previous test case complete.
ccox
Master
Master

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:56 am
sapin wrote:and please also suggest that can i start my second test case at the page where test case one stop
 Delete the "open" command from the start of each following test case.  Otherwise it will try to open that page as a new one.
Ajay

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:04 pm
Hi Saba,
When u are assigning value of a to variable b u need to use ${a}. By this it will assign the value else it will assign only the variable a.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum