Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
qajanaki

Getting main" org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Cannot find firefox binary in PATH Empty Getting main" org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Cannot find firefox binary in PATH

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:20 pm
Hi, I am New to Selenium. I'm trying to run a testcase where I can check the Window Title of the application and pass the testcase if the title is displayed and fail the testcase if the tile is not the same.I am running into issues when I tried to execute the program.
here is the exception that is noticed
----------------------------------------
Exception in thread "main" org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Cannot find firefox binary in PATH. Make sure firefox is installed. OS appears to be: XP
Build info: version: '2.37.0', revision: 'a7c61cb', time: '2013-10-18 17:14:00'
System info: host: 'gapvak-28', ip: '192.168.0.46', os.name: 'Windows XP', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '5.1', java.version: '1.6.0_30'
Driver info: driver.version: FirefoxDriver
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.Executable.(Executable.java:72)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxBinary.(FirefoxBinary.java:59)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxBinary.(FirefoxBinary.java:55)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.(FirefoxDriver.java:99)
at mypackage.myclass.main(myclass.java:10)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have loaded the necessary drivers....My firefox is loaded in C drive and selenium and eclipse are loaded in E drive.
Can anyone help me out to get rid of this exception.

Thanks in advance.
Janaki
bauer_inc

Getting main" org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Cannot find firefox binary in PATH Empty Re: Getting main" org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Cannot find firefox binary in PATH

Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:05 pm
Hi Janaki,

do you have firefox installed or is it just a portable version?  Please ensure your firefox.exe is available in the system path variable (i think this should solve your problem)

Best Regards
Alex
qajanaki

Getting main" org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Cannot find firefox binary in PATH Empty Re: Getting main" org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Cannot find firefox binary in PATH

Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:30 pm
Hi Alex! 

Thanks for the reply....i had Firefox installed in my machine and the class path was also set but still i was getting the error.... I had to add 

"System.setProperty("webdriver.firefox.bin","D:\\Program Files\\Firefox\\firefox.exe");"

in my prog and it worked..

Regards,
Janaki
bauer_inc

Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:28 pm
Hi Janaki,

ah okay, normally it automatically detect by your class path where the driver's .exe is. (currently i'm testing some things with multiple browsers and also had to add new drivers to my path, and it takes a while that this takes effect).

Good luck and have fun with futured testing Smile

Alex
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum