Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
rickwilson7425

Selenium not able to open browser session Empty Selenium not able to open browser session

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:38 pm
I am trying to get a Selenium Stand-Alone server running to test with NagiosXI. I am following the details in the "Integrating Selenium with Nagios XI" documentation.

I am getting an error message which reads:

INFO - Got result: Failed to start new browser session: org.openqa.selenium.server.RemoteCommandException: Error while launching browser on session null

I have found some old talk about this and at that time there were incompatibility issues between Selenium and Firefox versions.

I am running Firefox version 24.8.0

Selenium version is: selenium-server-standalone-2.35.0

Does anyone know of any issues with these versions or what might be causing this error?

Thanks
rickwilson7425

Selenium not able to open browser session Empty Re: Selenium not able to open browser session

Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:12 am
I tried selenium-server-standalone-2.43.0.jar but it gives the same error.....
rickwilson7425

Selenium not able to open browser session Empty Re: Selenium not able to open browser session

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:06 am
I have downloaded and am using Firefox version 15.0.1 and still getting the same problem.

The configuration for the selenium standalone server I am using says that the max version for Firefox is 15.0.* so I don't know why I would still be having this problem.

Does anyone ever respond to these posts?
vishal_sakharkar

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:56 pm
Trying to launch Chrome browser using IDE but showing below error [error] Could not connect to Selenium Server. Have you started the Selenium Server yet?

Even I run the Selenium server using below command from CMD.

C:\Users\xyz\Desktop>java -jar C:\Users\xyz\Downloads\selenium-server-standalone-2.53.1.jar

Please help 

Regards,
Vishal S.
sona456
https://crbtech.in/programmes/software-testing-training-programm

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:38 pm
@page { margin: 2cm } p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120% }
Try opening with existing browser seeing for session:
Yup its possible. Instead of a new instance, you can use the existing instance's sessionID to perform the test on the same instacne. Its done by using this:
webdriver.WebDriver.attachToSession(executor, session_id);

Here https://crbtech.in/programmes/software-testing-training-programme you can learn selenium software in their training program
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum