Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
gchandrasekaran82
Regular Participant
Regular Participant

When I run the selenium RC script, I am getting Failed to start new browser, Firefox 3 could not be found in the path! Empty When I run the selenium RC script, I am getting Failed to start new browser, Firefox 3 could not be found in the path!

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:26 pm
When I run the script, I am getting the below error...

I have pasted the firefox location in to system variable path... still i am getting the below error...

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not start Selenium session: Failed to start new browser session: java.lang.RuntimeException: Firefox 3 could not be found in the path!
Please add the directory containing ''firefox.exe'' to your PATH environment
variable, or explicitly specify a path to Firefox 3 like this:
*firefox3c:\blah\firefox.exe
at com.thoughtworks.selenium.DefaultSelenium.start(DefaultSelenium.java:89)
at com.example.tests.flightbooking.setUp(flightbooking.java:13)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:128)
at com.thoughtworks.selenium.SeleneseTestCase.runBare(SeleneseTestCase.java:212)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:120)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:230)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:225)
at org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.java:83)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:49)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)
Caused by: com.thoughtworks.selenium.SeleniumException: Failed to start new browser session: java.lang.RuntimeException: Firefox 3 could not be found in the path!
Please add the directory containing ''firefox.exe'' to your PATH environment
variable, or explicitly specify a path to Firefox 3 like this:
*firefox3c:\blah\firefox.exe
at com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.throwAssertionFailureExceptionOrError(HttpCommandProcessor.java:97)
at com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.doCommand(HttpCommandProcessor.java:91)
at com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.getString(HttpCommandProcessor.java:262)
at com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.start(HttpCommandProcessor.java:223)
at com.thoughtworks.selenium.DefaultSelenium.start(DefaultSelenium.java:81)
... 16 more
chinda

When I run the selenium RC script, I am getting Failed to start new browser, Firefox 3 could not be found in the path! Empty Re: When I run the selenium RC script, I am getting Failed to start new browser, Firefox 3 could not be found in the path!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:20 am
You should add PATH environment or variable before.

If you run by Window, the PATH environment is follow step
My Computer->Property->Advance tab->Click Environment Variable

PATH is in System Variable part.

Good Luck!
sulee
Active particpant
Active particpant

When I run the selenium RC script, I am getting Failed to start new browser, Firefox 3 could not be found in the path! Empty Re: When I run the selenium RC script, I am getting Failed to start new browser, Firefox 3 could not be found in the path!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:07 pm
Hi,

I had the same error. You should add the path of firefox to PATH environment variable. Yet just add the folder which contains firefox.exe. For example
D:\Mozilla Firefox . That was enough for me. When I added the full path like D:\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe, it didnt work. Hope this helps.
auto_ashish1
Active particpant
Active particpant

Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:16 am
Two solutions

1) You should add the path of firefox to PATH environment variable.

2) use the following command in code

setUp("http://testsitename.com","*firefox J:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe")

Basically you need to give the full path of your browser exe file

Regards

Ashish
itsthakur@gmail.com
91-9888179981

For online Selenium training go to my website- www.sejsoft.com
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum