Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
guerrila

How to get the value of an input with Web Driver? Empty How to get the value of an input with Web Driver?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:15 pm
Hello,

I'm new to Selenium 2 and I've read through the intro stuff and the tutorials, and I have my Selenium tests up and running nicely so far. However, I do have one basic question that I think I may have missed in the documentaiton, or perhaps it's harder to find than I thought...I need to verify the actual text value of an input rendered on screen ... I'm able to get the correct WebElement with an ID:

WebElement passwordInput2 = driver.findElement(By.name("password"));

however passwordInput2.getText() returns just an empty string (actually all webElements.getText() returns an empty string). Is there a better way to get to the text value of an input? I see lots of stuff on how to do this with Selenium IDE ... is Selenium IDE simply more powerful than the Selenium 2/WebDriver approach with Java?

Thanks so much in advance,
Pedro
ashish_techie
Amateur
Amateur

How to get the value of an input with Web Driver? Empty Re: How to get the value of an input with Web Driver?

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:28 pm
try getAttribute("value")

-Ashish
For selenium training and videos over 55 hours duration visit
http://qtpselenium.com/samplevideos/selenium/seleniumvideos.php
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum