Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
manvya

How to use User Extention in Selenium RC and TestNG Empty How to use User Extention in Selenium RC and TestNG

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:13 pm
Hi,

I wanted to use the ToolTip text capture in my project. So am planning to use the User Extenstion :

"Tooltip&Image_userExtenstion.rar".

I did following steps as per the Forum suggest

1. Open the Server.jar file.

2. Replace the user-extention with ToolTip JS file.( instead of this , i just copy the code from tool_tipsuser-extenstions.js to the user-extention.js file)

3.Save the changes and exit the jar file.

4. Included this jar file in my Lib file.

And in my code, I replaced my setup cod eas below:(as suggested from the advisor:https://seleniumforum.forumotion.net/t106-new-user-extension-regarding-tooltip-and-image-verification)

HttpCommandProcessor proc = new HttpCommandProcessor("localhost", 4444, "*chrome", "Test url site");
selenium = new DefaultSelenium(proc);

But after this, I am not able to use the xtended methods when i try to use command like

selenium .getElementToolTip

Am using Eclipse and TestNG for developing the code.

So i would like to know whether the user-extention functions will be able to use after creating the selenium instance?

or should we run the server as "java -jar selenium-server.jar -userExtensions user-extensions.js" ?

Also is it possible to run the selenium server directly from the code by including the user-extention than the command line? Am starting the server from from the code. So am not sure how we enable the user-extention.js.

Thanks in advance,

manvya.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum