Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

driver.switchTo().defaultContent(); returning error when using latest version of Chrome

View previous topic View next topic Go down

driver.switchTo().defaultContent(); returning error when using latest version of Chrome

Post by BarryMcDermott on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:26 pm

I'm running a regression pack for an online app using Chrome Driver on Version 42.0.2311.90 m of Google Chrome, and am having issues when trying to return focus from an iFrame back to the main screen, i.e. upon hitting the line of code 

This worked perfectly on earlier versions of Chrome, and still works fine on a colleagues pc which has Version 39.x.etc

Has anyone else encountered anything similar ?  If so, any help / advice / workaround would be greatly appreciated.

The code for the particular Java method is:

@When("I click the $buttonText button in AllFinanz")
public void clickButtonInAllFinanz(String buttonText) throws InterruptedException {
     System.out.println("[TEST] Clicking " + buttonText);
     try {
          // access inside iframe
          WebElement elementFrame = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//iframe[contains(@onload, 'riskAssessmentIframe')]"));

// click the button
           WebElement button = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//input[@value='" + buttonText + "']"));

// return focus to main window

System.out.println("[SUCCESS] Clicked button " + buttonText);

} catch (org.openqa.selenium.NoSuchElementException e) {
          System.out.println("[FAILURE] Unable to click button " + buttonText);
     } catch (org.openqa.selenium.ElementNotVisibleException e) {
          System.out.println("[FAILURE] " + buttonText + " not visible");

As stated all works fine up until the driver.switchTo().defaultContent(); line of code, where the following error is thrown back:
org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: missing 'id' (Session info: chrome=42.0.2311.90) (Driver info: chromedriver=2.10.267521,platform=Windows NT 5.1 SP3 x86) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information) System info: 'Windows XP', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '5.1', java.version: '1.7.0_45' Driver info: driver.version: RemoteWebDriver

Again any help would be appreciated - I've ran out of ideas re workarounds and cant find any answers when googling.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top