Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
Tazzin

Finding and Verifying Text in a Table that is in no particular order Empty Finding and Verifying Text in a Table that is in no particular order

Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:50 am
Ok, please note I'm no expert on Selenium IDE but have managed to get around ok with it.  First off let me say that the VerifyTextPresent function WOULD have worked perfect for what I wanted, BUT as it stand someone decided to depreciate that function.  (bad move).  Any how, there is a  'rule name' that is created by a user in a web site and multiple rule names can be created..  When the page loads for the all the rules, I want to validate that the rule name exists.  The verifyTextPresent would have done this for a page scan but again, it's depreciated and not usable.  SO, how can I search the page for the text I want to search for?  Please note, that I cannot use a specific 'row' in the search as the value could be in any row based on new rules added or current rules deleted.. I could be the first row in the middle of the table or at the end..  

If anyone has any ideas.. PLEASE BE EXPLICIT on the step to add to Selenium IDE.. If you give instructions that leaves out information, I'll be replying back for more information.. Again, Thanks in advance.  

Attached is a screen shot of what i'm wanting to search for, i hope it is enough.. 

Additional notation.  The reason I want to validate the text exist is because I'm going to add GOTOIF statement to skip the addition of adding the rule if the rule name already exists and move on the next check.  Again, Thanks in advance.  

Example below:  I want to find "~ Perf S107 user Order Hold"

div id="page"
div id="header" class="clearfix"
span
div id="content" class="clearfix"
div id="content_primary_wrap"
div id="content_primary"
ul id="nav_primary" class="clearfix"
div id="global-messaging"
div id="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_PageContent1__ControlWrapper_RichHtmlField" style="display:inline"/div
div id="Top" class="AspNet-WebPartZone-Vertical"
div id="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_PageContent2__ControlWrapper_RichHtmlField" style="display:inline"/div
div id="Middle" class="AspNet-WebPartZone-Vertical"
div class="AspNet-WebPart"
div id="ctl00_ctl00_BusinessRulesListContentPOE_1"
div id="ctl00_ctl00_BusinessRulesListContentPOE_1_WebPartContainer"
div id="ae1a2e51b-d92f-4321-abc4-7b631967040b" class="admin-section rules-section"
fieldset class="actions title-bar"
table id="rules-table" class="data-table rules heavy-bottom" cellspacing="0"
caption Current Rules /caption
colgroup
thead
tbody
tr
td class="select first-child"
td class="rule"~ Perf S107 Passport EDI File Order Hold/td
tdHold Order/td
td class="status active"Active/td
td4/11/2014/td