Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
Sanjay S
Regular Participant
Regular Participant

Test Runner Option is not displayed in my Selenium IDE !! Empty Test Runner Option is not displayed in my Selenium IDE !!

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:30 am
Hi Guys..

I downloaded and installed Selenium IDE 1.6.0 through 'Seleniumhq', I observed that the Test Runner Button is Not available on the same.
Can any one help me what went wrong over here.. What I have to do to see and make use of the Tester Runner option in Selenium IDE..

Thanks in Advance..
sAnJaY..... bounce
ccox
Master
Master

Test Runner Option is not displayed in my Selenium IDE !! Empty Re: Test Runner Option is not displayed in my Selenium IDE !!

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:16 am
Can you give some insight on what the Test Runner button is that you are referring to? Are you comparing the Selenium TestRunner from RC to Selenium IDE?

This is a side by side comparison of Selenium RC(left) and Selenium IDE(right)
Test Runner Option is not displayed in my Selenium IDE !! 2012-02-15_114746

The buttons are almost identical in each, maybe just not in the same position. I don't know of a "Test Runner" button in IDE. Can you elaborate a little more?

-Cameron
freesky
Amateur
Amateur

Test Runner Option is not displayed in my Selenium IDE !! Empty Re: Test Runner Option is not displayed in my Selenium IDE !!

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 pm
what is the Test Runner? i don't see it in my selenium ide.
Sanjay S
Regular Participant
Regular Participant

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:47 pm
Thank you so much for the reply and as well for the screenshot "ccox"..
So both the Selenium Test Runner as well Selenium RC are same right ! (ie)While running the scripts in different browsers(cross browser testing) the selenium test runner will be opened in the browser window through Selenium RC(after connecting to the server).
But what my doubt is whether do we need install test runner privately or will it be opened automatically while running in other browsers!?!
Please do reply friend...

Thanks
Sanjay..
ccox
Master
Master

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:09 pm
It will run automatically in Selenium RC. It will never run with with Selenium IDE, so nothing should need to be installed. You cannot run RC from IDE. You can run scripts that you have created in IDE and saved outside of IDE from RC(with the command line or a development IDE, such as Eclipse).

Let me know if this answers your question.
Sanjay S
Regular Participant
Regular Participant

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:40 am
Thanks a lot Cameron.. It worked well for me Smile..
By the way i got one more problem too, like i just wanna perform either ok\cancel of a zip file message box that opens from a website while recording it .. The html scripts have not been generated for the same in the selenium ide table window. Do i need to write script for this specific operation of myself.. Pls do get me some idea for this.

Thanks in Advance ..
Sanjay..
ccox
Master
Master

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:42 pm
Recognizing new windows with Selenium seems to always be a challenge. Does it recognize that there is a pop up? If not, I would first use the command waitForPopUp and use the name of the pop up as the target. Then use the selectWindow command with the name of the pop up window as the target.

click
link=Open a pop-up

waitForPopUp
popUpWin

selectWindow
name=popUpWin

You could try this, but I don't know if it will work for sure with this application. If you can get me functional example of this message box, I can play with it and try to get it to work. I haven't been able to find one on the web.
Sanjay S
Regular Participant
Regular Participant

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 pm
Its not recognizing that there is pop-up and not generating commands in the table which makes me so sad.. But still i'll try with the method u have suggested me and yeah here is the link,

http://www.syncfusion.com/company/about-us/media-kit

In the above link, Products -> Boxshots

https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/17/30/07/90/messag10.png

I'm struggling more now as the message box that opens looks different in different browsers and it should be a difficult task as u said. Ll try the level best//

Thank you so much for the help Cameron Smile
ccox
Master
Master

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:58 pm
The info I gave you was for a pop up window. I searched to see if anyone had a solution to this issue on other forums and found that Selenium cannot interact with certain dialog boxes. This sounds like one of those that it cannot handle.

You could set up scenarios to automate most of it, but pause the script to handle that dialog manually.
Sanjay S
Regular Participant
Regular Participant

Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:55 pm
Oh really sad abt this.. But i'll try to manage in the way u said.
N thank you so much for these informations .. Take Care Cameron Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum