Selenium Forum: Functional And Regression Testing Tool.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
AEM Training | Free Online DemoWed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pmazharuddin
c# PageFactory - issue initializing elementsFri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pmthegoatboy
Selenium making automatic connection to random urlsMon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pmrepairtechsolutions1
How can we design the custom framework in Selenium RCMon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pmrandybonnettes
What are the new features in Selenium 3.0Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pmpappyvicky
What are you using Selenium for? Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 amzhl
LIMITATIONS OF SELENIUMWed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 amswara
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Go down
premila

InternetExplorerDriver working on some websites but not on others in the same machine Empty InternetExplorerDriver working on some websites but not on others in the same machine

Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:43 am
Hi

I have Windows Vista machine with IE version 8.0

I am using selenium 2.0 InternetExplorerDriver to write tests. The InternetWebDriver works fine for tests on some websites but for some other websites drivers seems to not work and always tells not able to find element. why is it so? Infact i am using same methods like "findelement(By.name("xxx")) for both the tests on the both the websites.

I have even unchecked protected mode in my ie's security tab and added to trustworthy sites the sites under consideration.

Any help?

Thanks,
Premila
Kshitij

InternetExplorerDriver working on some websites but not on others in the same machine Empty Re: InternetExplorerDriver working on some websites but not on others in the same machine

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:46 pm
What is
1 the OS and
2. IE version
on the second machine?

Also,
3. Are the two sites (aut), the same?
premila

InternetExplorerDriver working on some websites but not on others in the same machine Empty Re: InternetExplorerDriver working on some websites but not on others in the same machine

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:14 am
Actually, i am talking about one machine only. It is windows vista with ie8.0.
The driver involved in the test is internetexplorerdriver. Language is java.

For eg., consider the below for yahoo
driver=new InternetExplorerDriver();
driver.get(http://www.yahoomail.com/);
element=driver.findElement(By.name("login");element.sendKeys("abc");

For this test, i get the following error,

FAILED. Unable to find element with name == login (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
System info: os.name: 'Windows XP', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '5.1', java.version: '1.6.0_23'
Driver info: driver.version: RemoteWebDriver

But similar piece of code on some other website say walmart.com,
driver=new InternetExplorerDriver();
driver.get(http://www.walmart.com/);
element=driver.findElement(By.name("search_query"));element.sendKeys("abc");

This code on this site works well and passes.

Anyone know the reason for this? That is, internetexplorerdriver working on some websites but not on some others.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum